Long Arm Rental
APQS Long-arm quilting machine rental
Before renting the machine you will need to complete a certification class. This is where you will learn how to thread the machine, wind the bobbin, and load the quilt with our quick zipper system, as well as how to operate the machine. Some quilting techniques are covered. You will have about 1 1/2 hours during your certification to get acquainted and practice on the machine.
After this class, you want to use part of your first rental session to develop your skills before quilting your first quilt.
THE CERTIFCATION CLASS FEE IS $65. THIS COVERS THE 2 1/2 HOURS OF CLASS AND PRACTICE TIME. PLEASE CHECK FOR AVAILABLE TIMES.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN MY RENTAL FEE?
- The use of a cleaned and oiled, state of the art APQS long-arm quilting machine with a stitch regulator.
- Zippers are attached to the canvas so that you can Zip your quilt on and off quickly. (Requires the purchase of a set of 3 zippers that you will baste to your quilt top and backing fabric. Instructions provided in the Machine Certification class,)
- You may use our bobbin cases, although we highly recommend that you purchase your own case(s) so that you can keep them adjusted to the threads you most frequently use.
- Use of the bobbin winder if you want to wind your own bobbins. (Instead of purchasing pre-wound bobbins,)
rental session fees: $20 an hour with a 2 hour minimum.
what is not included in my rental fee?
Needles and thread, pre-wound bobbins, backing fabric, and batting. You must purchase needles from us so that we are assured you have the correct needle for the machine. You may purchase thread and/or pre-wound bobbins from us or you may use your own thread if we approve it for use in our machine. (No poor-quality thread, no glazed thread, etc.)
- Zippers - Set of 3 - $26.99
- Over-all patterns -
- Rent by the Session - $2.00
- APQS Needle - $1.50
- Pre-wound Bobbins - $1.50 each - solid colors only.
- Batting - We carry Hobbs Heirloom 80/20, Warm and Natural and polyester. You can bring in your own batting or purchase it from us. Just ask and we can help you find what will work best with your project.
- Backing - We carry 108" & 120" backing in a variety of colors.